"Impossible to see a dr"

About: The Station Practice

I have had several experiences over the past few months of being utterly unable to get an appointment. Reception staff are rude and invasive. They are not offering ‘any appointments’ only emergency appointments on the day which reception staff are deciding on the validity of. In this current nhs crisis we are discouraged from going to A&E (rightly) and hospitals are complaining that symptoms of serious illness are not being picked up by frontline GP services quickly enough for good outcomes. It is no wonder when you can’t actually see a GP. Why is no one responding to the comments on this site or addressing the clear issues with getting a dr appointment. It is a basic health need to discuss symptoms or worries with your GP. Avoid this surgery. I dread to think how many serious health conditions are being missed through lack of advice.

Response from The Station Practice

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to make a comment. I apologise for the difficulties that you have experienced. We do ask that if patients are unhappy about the service they have received that they request to speak to the Practice Manager, who will do their upmost to try and resolve any issues. I would therefore suggest, that if you would feel it would be helpful, I am more than happy to speak to you, either in person or on the phone. Please contact the surgery and ask to speak to the practice manager. Once again, please accept our apologies.