"Faultless service"

About: King's Mill Hospital / General surgery

I was admitted to the Day Case Unit at Kingsmill for surgery yesterday. Every staff member were extremely kind and put me at ease. I was only expecting to stay for a few hours, but had some form of reaction to the anaesthetic

and was quite unwell. As this was the first time I had had any surgery, I was quite scared and very uncomfortable! 2 members off staff really stood out to me for their kindness and level of care shown to me. One was a staff nurse called Nicola and the other a young healthcare that I didn’t catch the name of. As an NHS worker myself, I felt very uncomfortable asking for help as I didn’t want to be a nuisance. However, nothing seemed too much trouble for them and the care I received was faultless! Thank you to everyone on the unit involved in my care!

Response from Robin Smith, Deputy Head of Communications, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 10 months ago
Robin Smith
Deputy Head of Communications,
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Submitted on 20/09/2019 at 10:21

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback about the Day Case Unit. I am pleased that you felt well cared for. Thank you again for taking the time to write this post.