"Colposcopy"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Gynaecology

The Doctor and two nurses that I saw today at an outpatient appointment for a colposcopy couldn’t of been any more kind and helpful. I was petrified as to what I was going to be told, but they did there upmost to reassure me and help me feel at ease.

Response from Ellen Ewer, Cervical Screening Provider Lead & Trust Lead Nurse Colposcopy, Hemswell Clinics, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust 10 months ago
Ellen Ewer
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Submitted on 16/09/2019 at 16:10
Published on Care Opinion on 17/09/2019 at 09:23

Dear Emma C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent Colposcopy experience. All staff within our service are very aware of how terrifying an abnormal smear result can be and the anxiety and worry it can cause.

I am very pleased our colposcopy team showed their excellence in compassion, respect and patient-centred care at your appointment. I hope the procedure went well and that you would feel more assured should you ever need a colposcopy appointment in future.

Thank you once again, your kind comments will be shared with the team.

Best wishes