"My procedure was cancelled"

About: Croydon University Hospital / General surgery

I arrived on time for my 12 o'clock appointment sat and waited 5 hours only then to be told my procedure was cancelled as it's now 5 o'clock  and operations are finished. My husband was brought in to a room and told we have some news for you  he naturally thought something was wrong  and was told of the cancellation. We were both fuming as I have a serious kidney Problem was I  hadn't had a drink for 11 hours and was feeling very dehydrated and whoozy.

I also had to stop  blood thinning medication for 3 days prior to this procedure, not good as I'm prone to getting blood clots.

Meant to have a phone call from them this morning NOTHING. I am appalled at this service.

Response from Sarah Pritchard, Senior Quality Lead, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust 11 months ago
Sarah Pritchard
Senior Quality Lead,
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
Submitted on 16/10/2019 at 15:28

I am very sorry that you had a poor experience. Please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service ( PALS) so that this can be investigated further.

Our PALS office may be contacted by telephone on 020 8401 3210 or by email at ch-tr.pals@nhs.net. The office is open during the week from 9.30am to 4:00pm

Kind Regards