"First time mammogramee"

About: West Scotland Breast Screening Centre

Two reasons for writing here:-

1. To say thank you to Catherine.  The epitome of efficiency, kindness and caring from the moment she welcomed me into the mobile unit to the moment I left.   Introduced herself, asked how I was feeling, explained everything thoroughly, was gentle, understanding, warm and good humoured.  She said I was a "wee star" - that was my favourite bit! đź’…  I left with information about what would happen next and with a phone number in case I was worried about anything.  Please, please do let Catherine (and Catherine's boss) know personally that her approach and manner were absolutely superb!

2. To reassure others.  It was my first time and I was a little apprehensive. Yet another situation where we women leave our dignity at the door!  It was very slightly uncomfortable, not sore.  It was efficiently clinical but made as pleasant as it could be.  The process was respectful.  I will happily trot along for my re-scan every three years and be utterly grateful for it, and the other screenings I am invited to do too.  The lives of two people who are very dear to me have been prolonged because of these programmes.

Response from Lesley Allan, PA and Team Support, Patient Experience and Public Involvement, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Dear Dancing Queen

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to the Breast Screening Service.

Having any type of scan can be an anxious time so I am pleased to hear that the care you received from Catherine was superb and this will have made your experience less stressful.

I will share this post with the General Manager of the Breast Screening Service and ask that it be cascaded

Kind Regards