"Had to visit A & E with my daughter this morning"

About: University Hospital Monklands / Ear, Nose & Throat University Hospital Monklands / Emergency department

(as a parent/guardian),

Had to visit A & E with my daughter this morning as her jaw had locked and was very painful.

We were looked after by Nurse Dawn who was caring, professional and very competent. She arranged for an x ray quickly, and referred us onto ENT ward 9.

Every person we encountered in  ENT  was friendly and helpful and delivered a high standard of care.

We were re assured , given excellent advice and now await a clinic appointment.

Thank you for your excellent care.

Response from Fraser McJannett, Medical Service Manager, University Hospital Monklands, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear bunty123

I'm sorry that you had the need to use our services at University Hospital Monklands but am really pleased to hear that you had your daughter had a good experience in our Emergency Department and ENT ambulatory care unit. Our staff do a fantastic job each and every day but it's always nice to hear positive feedback from our patients. We'll be sure to share this with staff in both the Emergency Department and the ENT unit.

Wishing your daugther well for her outpatinet follow-up.

Regards