"No Help or Advice provided"

About: Change Grow Live / Norfolk Alcohol and Drug Behaviour Change Service

I was told by my GP to attend CGL and ask for some help relating to a problem. It has taken me several weeks to build up the courage to be able to attend. I phoned in the morning and was told I would be seen to if I can arrive before 15: 00hrs. I then traveled the 15 miles and arrived just after 12: 00hrs only to be told to return in an hours time. I reluctant but did this and returned just after 13: 00hrs, only to be told they were too busy and could not see me until Wednesday.

I now feel like what's the point. Do you people realise how hard it is to build up the courage to attend and speak openly to a stranger.

Response from Matt Laker, Service User, Family and Carer’s Involvement Lead, CGl Norfolk, CGL 12 months ago
Matt Laker
Service User, Family and Carer’s Involvement Lead, CGl Norfolk,
CGL
Submitted on 30/07/2019 at 17:21
Published on Care Opinion on 31/07/2019 at 10:22

Good afternoon, I am sorry that you have had this experience. It would be really helpful for me to know a bit more about this situation; I do appreciate how hard it is to build up the courage to speak openly about something so personal to you. If you would like to drop me an email to matthew.laker@cgl.org.uk then we can arrange for a time to talk when is convenient to you to see what we can do to resolve this.