"Mental Health Progress"

About: Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust / Specialist psychotherapy services

I just wanted to thank the St.Georges Community Health Centre for helping me during my University years.

During my Second Year my mental health deteriorated to the point I was considering dropping out and with talks about being admitted to hospital. At this point I was referred to St.Georges for a CAT therapy program.

From my referral to actually starting the course was nearly a year which is too long to be expected to keep safe with a mental health condition.

However when starting the program my therapist was incredible she helped to link together personal reasons why I was feeling and behaving in certain ways through my experiences. We created a map and identified exits that would escape from and deal with my self-destructive cycles.

The best way to show my progress is through my grades. At the start of the final year I was predicting a 2-2. During my first semester, my results were showing an average 2-1. In April I was getting firsts, as I was able to think clearly, interact socially and most of the time I was happy. I finished with a first and that is thanks to the work at St.Georges.

Response from Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust 11 months ago
Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
Submitted on 16/09/2019 at 09:42

On behalf of the service I would like to say it was wonderful to hear that the CAT therapy you received was helpful to you and improved your well-being and experience at University! We wish you all the very best for the future and thank you for the lovely feedback.

Teresa Hagan