"Nut Allergy"

About: Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital / Accident & Emergency (Emergency Care)

(as a parent/guardian),

I am so grateful for the amazing treatment and efficient care my daughter received last night. After eating almond and peanut butter popcorn, she immediately started swelling around her mouth and got a rash on her arms. We never knew she had any allergies. We quickly arrived at A&E to be greeted by the friendly staff member at the desk who immediately picked up the phone to get someone through and simultaneously took down our details. We were taken through as a matter of urgency and everything was acted upon very promptly. My daughter was petrified as she knew something wasn’t right. All staff members who seen to her were amazing and understanding. I always have great things to stay about the NHS and this is just another one. I’ll be forever grateful of what the NHS do and cannot fault how they helped my daughter when she needed care quickly

Thank you once again!

More about:


Response from Kathryn Auchnie, Clinical Nurse Manager, Childrens Division, NHS Grampian

picture of Kathryn Auchnie

Dear holb

This must have been a really scary experience for yourself and your daughter especially as you were unaware of any allergies prior to this.

Recognising potential emergency situations is what the A&E staff would call their day to day work but having the ability to be friendly, caring and supportive during these times is what makes the difference to families and the team have this skill in abundance as you will agree.

They will be delighted to know that what they do has had a positive impact on your family and I will ensure they receive a copy of your feedback.

I hope your daughter has fully recovered now and not been put off eating all popcorns

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful