"Excellent surgery & first class aftercare."

About: University Hospital Hairmyres / General Surgery (Wards 5, 6 & 8)

I had a long awaited hip replacement on a Subchondral Insufficiency Fracture of the left femur. The situation was complex as I have Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma).

Post surgery at Hairmyres University Hospital, I had the most amazing care in HDU before being transferred to Ward 1.

The excellence of care carried on with the involvement of the enhanced recovery' program staff which in my case, included dieticians too.

I've just had the 6 week check up & am walking with two, sometimes one stick (still got creaky knees).  The wound is healing beautifully & my pain level has been substantially reduced.  So a great big thank you to the surgical team & all the many staff involved in my care.

Response from Susan Friel, Director of Nursing, Acute Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Madge51

I'm so glad to read your comments. I know it can be daunting to have surgery at the best of times, but it can be especially challenging when you have a complex long term condition.

I promise I'll pass on your thanks to the teams who cared for you. They'll be delighted to hear that you're doing so well.

Best Wishes

Susan

• Madge51 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Madge51 (the patient)

Thanks. I posted thank you cards to both HDU & Ward 1.