"A credit to the hospital"

About: University Hospital Hairmyres / Day Surgery University Hospital Hairmyres / Pre Operative Assessment

I was treated today at the Hospital's day surgery unit. I would like to thank all the staff for their care. In particular nurse Lindsay. Her pleasant manner in how she dealt with me made all the difference I'm sure your staff don't often get praise for the work they do in this negitive world we live in. Also in my meetings with Mr Denley my surgeon who I found to be very approachable and unlike some who hold such a lofty position pleasant and easy to speak to.

If you could pass this on to them I'd be obliged.
A credit to the hospital.

Response from Cameron Sharkey, Service Manager for Surgical & Critical Care Services, University Hospital Hairmyres, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Geoman50,

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide the kind feedback above. I'll make sure that the Day Surgery Unit team and Mr Denley get the chance to see it as I know they will all be pleased to know that they left such a positive experience.

All the best,

Cameron

• Geoman50 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Karen Phillips, Senior Nurse, Surgical and Critical Care, University Hospital Hairmyres, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Geoman 50,

Thank you so much for your recent post on patient care opinion. Our staff always strive to deliver the best person centred care to all patients. The staff within Day Surgery will be delighted that you had a positive journey through our hospital.

I will ensure that Lindsay and the staff within Day Surgery are made aware.

Hope you are recovering well.

Kind Regards