"Brilliant Care for Hernia Repair"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Day Surgery

Following diagnosis by my GP in October and hospital consultation then Pre-op in appointment in January, I attended at the new Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary for a hernia repair last week.

Throughout this process I have been really impressed with the staff I have spoken to - nurses, doctor, anaesthetist, surgeon - I have found all to be friendly, knowledgeable, pleasant and really helpful.

The quality of care has been brilliant - I can't thank all concerned enough or be grateful enough for the NHS

Many thanks

Response from Annette Finnigan, Senior Patient Experience & Safety Officer, Acute and Diagnostic Services Directorate, NHS Dumfries and Galloway

Dear Mikpk34,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that your experience was so positive and I am sure that the staff will be delighted with your kind words.

I wonder if you would be so kind as to contact me directly with some further details to enable me to direct your comments to the appropriate staff? I can be contacted by either 01387 241379 or dumf-uhb.acutecomplaints@nhs.net

Meanwhile, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes,