"doctor not made aware of urgency"

About: Raigmore Hospital / Accident & Emergency Raigmore Hospital / Ophthalmology

Arrived at A&E at 13:05 after an eye accident 10 minutes earlier.  Was taken thru to triage after about 10 minutes. An hour later I was escorted to opthomology. I waited amongst people who had appointments. After 10 minutes my father asked the receptionist why the non emergency patients were having preference over me when I had just had an accident. He was told that I would have to wait my turn.... eventually after waiting over an hour I was seen by the and doctor. He expressed surprise when I told him I was sat waiting so long and he told me he was not made aware that I had just had an eye accident !!!!!

How can this be possible ?

This obviously is serious........

Response from Sylvia Fraser, Complaints Manager, Raigmore Hospital, NHS Highland about a year and a half ago
Sylvia Fraser
Complaints Manager, Raigmore Hospital,
NHS Highland
Submitted on 14/01/2019 at 12:13

Dear Mat01

I am sorry that you have had reason to contact us following your optical accident and your subsequent attendance at the Emergency Department. Unfortunately without your personal details I am unable to investigate this matter fully on your behalf.

If you are agreeable then I would be grateful if you could contact our Feedback Team confirming your details. I can then review this formally and respond accordingly.

Please contact them on either 01463 705997 or nhshighland.feedback@nhs.net.

With best wishes

Sylvia

• Mat01 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} other {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} it is helpful