"Surgery recovery for baby"
About: Royal Hospital for Children (Glasgow) / Paediatric surgery Royal Hospital for Children (Glasgow) Paediatric surgery Glasgow G51 4TF
Posted by N-A (as ),
Baby boy of 4 months had surgery for & when he was moved to ward this is where it was unacceptable.
- Noise of night nurses in corridor late on made it very difficult to sleep
- Fold down bed was given sheets & pillow case by nurse in evening & I was told to make it myself even though I’d been consoling my infant who hadn’t been able to sleep
- Asked to be put in separate room as never got any sleep & too much noise due to visitors but this was declined & baby didn’t get any sleep from surgery at 12pm on a Monday until 5am in Tue morning
- lastly there was parents allowed to sit in ward & cough away waking baby again even though their child wasn’t out of surgery whereas we rightly had to sit in waiting room until baby was ready
- cannula left in baby’s wrist after been taken home & had to return back to hospital to get it removed