"Ruptured Achilles"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

111 directed me to A& E at East Surrey Hospital - AMAZING TREATMENT.   This was 1700 on a Saturday, I was not too optimistic about how long it would take.

How wrong I was, within 25 min I was seen by an amazing clinical nurse who did the examinations, fully briefed me on what would happen. Then it was off to the plaster room, amazing ladies who just lifted your spirits, then it was  bloods, Heprin, pain killers, they made the next appointment etc. It was just so far in excess of my expectations.

Thank you so much ESH, your facility is first class but above all it is the nursing and admin staff who made the visit. Thank You.

Response from Nicola Shopland, Divisional Chief Nurse for Medicine, Medicine, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Broken Achilles

Glad to hear that you had a good experience in ED and I will ensure the team in ED are aware of your feedback.

Good luck with your recovery

Best wishes

Nicola

• Broken Achilles thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Broken Achilles (the patient)

Thank you, the changes you have made in recent years are truly amazing, almost makes having an accident worthwhile.