"visit to a hip specialist in Orthopaedics"

About: Epsom Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I visited a consultant in early April who advised me the doctor would inject under ultra sound and remove the hip greater- trochanteric bursitis if it didn't improve in time. After 3 months

I finally had a letter from Epsom Hospital X ray to give me a hip injection for bursitis. The pain had become so bad that I was offered an earlier injection last week by a hospital consultant who I was seeing about another condition. I did want to go to Epsom for they have such a good record for hips and knees under the doctor but I was in too much pain to wait any longer. With bursitis pain every night. I was getting very little sleep for many months now. However a letter finally came from x ray offering me an appointment for later this month but I have had to phone to cancel it. I have no quibbles with the doctors at Epsom Hospital, for they have a very good reputation, only with the length of time waiting for things to happen and x ray seems a little disorganised frankly.

Response from Epsom Hospital

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have had a long wait to be seen. If you would like more information or would like us to investigate this more thoroughly, please email esth.communications@nhs.net. Thank you.