What I liked
A&E and MAU were very good and really looked after my Father.
No issues with Doctors.
What could be improved
-Staff can do what they say they will do.
-shouldnt have to ask staff many many times for help.
-My father went into hospital a week ago with liver issues and apart from that was fine. The following day on visiting him he was lay in bed undressed, no glasses on, eyes rolling in his head and was not responding. On panicing my Mother ran to the reception area in Ward 11 to ask what had happened to my Father. The response was "wasnt he like that when you brought him in?". They blamed the agency staff for not handing over properly and said that he was undressed as he hadnt got any clothes, at which point my Mother opened his bed locker to show many bed clothes.
- fed up of hearing that they are understaffed.
- fed up of them blaming the agency staff.
- they always blame others rather than accepting there is a problem and taking ownership.
- they booked him for a brain scan and we had to ask many times when this would be done. After being fobbed off many times we had to complain at which point it was identified that the Drs request had been misplaced and he wasnt even on the list.
-buzzed for help for a long period which basically didnt arrive. My Father being quite independent however quite unsteady at the moment tried to get to the toilet and fell over.
- just tonight we asked for help moving my Father up the bad, three times we asked. After 4 hours we gave up.
In my view this is all basic care that should be better. Very poor. He has been in many wards but 11 seems especially poor.
Honestly not sure who is to blame, the individuals, the management, the hospital or all three.
"Needs to be more organised and better care."
About: Alexandra Hospital Alexandra Hospital Redditch B98 7UB
Posted via nhs.uk