"They were amazing with my son"

About: Royal Hospital for Sick Children (Yorkhill) / Ear, Nose & Throat

(as a parent/guardian),

My little boy went to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children today to have adenoid surgery and grommets inserted. He is autistic and has speech delay so my husband and I were not able to explain to him why he was going to hospital. The staff were all absolutely fantastic. They were so supportive and understanding, especially Denise from the Teddy bear hospital, the nurse Lucy and surgeon Dr Florea. The service that they provided was outstanding. They were amazing with my son. We are so thankful for all of the help and support that they gave us. They really helped us get through a very emotional and difficult day. They are all a credit to the hospital and the NHS as a whole.

Response from Coral Brady, Business & Admin Manager, Women & Children's Services, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Dear Hulk2018,

I can imagine that must have been a very challenging day for you, your husband and little boy, which makes it even more special that you've taken the time to get in touch with us to let us know how our team helped you and your family.

We will make sure your thanks and praise is passed on to Denise, Lucy and Dr Florea, as well as the rest of the staff who cared for you.

Thank you so much for getting in touch, it really does mean a lot to the staff.

Wishing your little boy a speedy recovery.

All the best