"Good service mostly but a few things..."

About: The Great Western Hospital

I liked the fact that I was seen on time and most of my issues were sorted out.

What could be improved

I have been having issues with my Tonsils and Adenoids for the past 9 months which have been affecting me on a daily basis and affecting my quality of life.

I felt I never had enough time to go into details about everything I was experiencing, I felt like I was being rushed and pushed out of the door, I have been having a lot of symptoms due to both the Tonsils and the Adenoids.

A Tonsillectomy was agreed but as I wasn't able to go into details regarding my symptoms that are being caused by my Adenoids my Adenoids are not being removed and obviously once I have my Tonsils removed I will still have problems in the future which would mean me having to get referred again by my GP to see another ENT Consultant which would probably mean that I would have to have another operation in future to have my Adenoids removed, This would defeat the object and waste valuable time and money as I know Adenoids can be removed at the same time the Tonsils are removed.

Response from The Great Western Hospital 9 years ago
The Great Western Hospital
Submitted on 17/08/2011 at 17:17
Published on nhs.uk on 18/08/2011 at 04:00

Many thanks for your feedback. We have shared this with our ENT team who are always interested in constructive feedback.