This is Care Opinion [siteRegion]. Did you want Care Opinion [usersRegionBasedOnIP]?

"Royal Boltonm Hospital A&E- Extremely..."

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

What I liked

When one of my calls is made to the A&E, I constantly told to call NHS direct , when i do NHS direct tells me to go to A&E and when i do i am greeted with constant whining and rude attitudes.

One dy after the experience with the receptionist who went crazy when i mad my wy to them. i asked to speak to the manager. a person come over claiming they were the manager, later i8 found out they worked as a recephionist. This staff member becayuse a delliberste liar and was rooting for a time to lay their lie after i was not prpraed to tolreate their colleges uncalled for outburst..

This staff member wrote to my doctor and exaggaratd whst transpired beteen them nd i..

Another occasion was the recephion ist in tirade , i had suffered a panic attack wiorse on a call to a family member who then phoned the hopistal despite the fact i told her not to after how the hosptial had treated me. my family member told me a sister said she will see me.. surprised by this i called to confirm and was greeted by another recephionist who said the skster wasnt there.. i told the recephionist " i knew uit was to good to be true and she took my name and hung up .. my family member called back and was told that i was being abusive so they will refuse to treat me.. when what i said was true snd not abusive.. this is an example that most staffs in particularly recephionist lie to prevent prople getting treatment thy deser e

What could be improved

they should be secrertly monitored and disclipined logo
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Royal Bolton Hospital 11 years ago
Royal Bolton Hospital
Submitted on 12/04/2011 at 11:32
Published on on 17/04/2011 at 10:52

We’re sorry to hear that there has been confusion in the past over whether you should speak to NHS Direct or come to A and E. Depending on how serious or urgent a patient’s condition is, there are a number of places that provide advice and/or treatment such as your own doctor, the walk-in centre, telephone advice from NHS Direct, advice from a pharmacist or – for the most urgent or serious cases – Accident and Emergency. If, as your feedback suggests, you suffer from panic attacks it might be worth speaking to your own doctor about where to get assistance in future for this, or advice for other conditions.

We’re sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the attitude of staff. It is difficult to look into your concerns without knowledge of what exactly happened at the time from both sides. If you wish to contact the hospital directly about this please call the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01204 390193.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful
Next Response j
Previous Response k