"An oasis of exceptional care. Thank you..."

About: Newark Hospital

Having had extremely unpleasant experiences in a number of other hospitals around the country, I found Newark to be an oasis of exceptional care.

The hospital is very clean, with a good ratio of Staff to Patients. There was a proper handover between shifts, so that the team coming on were fully briefed about the patients they had on the ward. Staff at every level were welcoming and helpful and I had complete confidence in their knowledge and professional competence, which is (sadly) not something I could have said when being treated in other hospitals.

Some of my experiences eslewhere have been genuinely terrifying, but this hospital is a beacon of good practice and I can't praise it highly enough.

What could be improved

There was some sticky residue on the floor in the waiting area, by the fire extinguishers. However, this is a very minor comment. Everywhere else (including the wards and toilet facilities) were spotless.

Response from Newark Hospital 9 years ago
Newark Hospital
Submitted on 07/03/2011 at 11:51
Published on nhs.uk on 17/04/2011 at 10:50

Thank you for your comments, it is lovely to hear that you were so pleased with our hospital.

We will take a look at the area you have highlighted in the waiting area to check that it is now clean.