"Staff excellent. Womens' safety not..."

About: Queen Charlotte's Hospital

My sincere thanks to kind, professional staff. I could not fault the treatment I had at Queen Charlottes. From my excellent nurse through to the surgical and recovery teams - I had respect, kindness and the best treatment. NHS at its best. Can't thank you enough.

What could be improved

The only thing I found wrong was that the Gynaecology day ward allows men in at all times. When I have just recovered from surgery I really don't want to see random men wandering past my bed. There were three men in the 'cubicle' next to me and I was still not totally alert. The risks are obvious and this really is a disaster waiting to happen. The vetting of who attends these wards is lacking.SurgeryGynaecologyWomen's health

nhs.uk logo

Response from Queen Charlotte's Hospital 10 years ago
Queen Charlotte's Hospital
Submitted on 17/02/2011 at 12:51
Published on nhs.uk on 18/02/2011 at 04:01

Thank you for taking the time to post yoiur comments. The Trust is delighted to know that you had such a positive experience of care and we thank you for your kind expression of appreciation.

We also appreciate the very helpful feedback with regard to improvements.