What I liked
The exit, once the car park gate finally opened after waiting 20mins for a member of security.
What could be improved
1. Just because it's a fairly new hospital, it still needs cleaning.
2. Catering staff need lessons in politness as every day they acted as if they were doing me a favour when serving me slops.
3. When I asked for glass of water, I finally gave up waiting after for nearly 5 hours and had to hobble down to shop (see 4).
4. Third parties running the coffee shop and newspaper stand. A newspaper, bottle of water and a packet of mints cost £4.70. Didn't realise that Harrods had the franchise.
5. On day of discharge was informed at 12:30 by a nurse that I could go home once the doctor had seen me. By all accounts the rounds where about to start. Finally saw the doctor at 19:00 and was released into normality at 19:30. I know the hospital is big but 7 hours to do the rounds in one ward?
Although the ward I was on was not designated as a labour ward, no less than 3 babies were delivered. There was also one occurrance that I cannot even start to describe, but I will be asking to change hospitals for my birth. I just hope that what I witnessed and heard is investigated and that the people responsible are brought to justice.
This hospital shows just why the NHS is failing.CleanlinessOpening hoursCar ParkReceptionRefreshmentsShopBabiesDoctors
"Angry, upset and let down by everyone at..."
About: Queen's Hospital (Romford) Queen's Hospital (Romford) Romford RM7 0AG
Posted via nhs.uk