This is Care Opinion [siteRegion]. Did you want Care Opinion [usersRegionBasedOnIP]?

"not very impressed at all"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

What I liked

staff on the whole were hard working and commited despite working in difficult circumstances

What could be improved

i was hardly kept informed of my treatement- i had to wait 5 days for a ct scan despite being told every day in my early stay that i was going to get it done that day

told late on in an evening that they think part of my pancreas had died- in a very casual , uncaring way that left me with no information and a very worrying night

i had to ask to see a doctor to try and find out what was happening with me as i was getting zero information out of anyone

i was transfered from esau to a downstairs ward and was just 'dumped' i was on a drip in easu and o2 but had to wait well over an hour for this to be reconnected.

as an out paitent i have had to wait ages for follow up appointments- 7 weeks for a mrcp scan, then another 6 weeks to see the consulant who then says i have a pancreatic cyst which i had when i was in hospital - but wasnt told . I now have to wait another 6 weeks for another ct scan, which will then be another 6 weeks at least to see a consulant again then god knows how long after to decide what to do !! in the mean time my quality of life has totally been affected, cant do my job properly, cant do the things i enjoy and i think it has made me become depressed

Anything else?

i was diagonosed with gall stones via an ultra sound with my gp back in feb 2009 which was being monitored via my diet. In oct i had a massive sudden and very painful gall stone attack which i ended up in in AnE at 2 in the morning after using the walk in centre - doctor checked my blood and sent me home just saying i had a gall attack and had to see my gp to get on waiting list to see consultant- after still feeling unwell for the next couple of days my gp sent me straight to hospital and admitted with a serious bout of pancreatis- i had gone very yellow and was seriously ill

i eneded up back in AnE after another serious attack (this was what i was told to do by the consultant/registrar) the doctor on duty told us to phone up the consultants secretary to find out what the delay was in getting to see him. When we did we got the impression that it was our job to do this and if i phoned up early i would have been seen sooner!!?!!

me and my partner reckon it will be nearly a year before they finally sort something out with me and just think that in this day its totally unacceptable- i do feel sorry for the medical staff who are working hard in very difficult situations and appreciate that many of my concerns arent their faultTelephoneConsultantsDoctorsReception staffApatheticCommunicationWardAppointmentsFollow upCystsArrogant logo
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››
Next Response j
Previous Response k