"Accident and emergency"

About: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary / Emergency Medicine NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service)

Called NHS 24 and advised to attend accident and emergency at ARI. On arrival I was directed to the minor injury service, within 45 minutes I was assessed and treated by a nurse practitioner. The service was second to none.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Experience Manager, NHS 24

Hi Cat love

Thanks for sharing your short but very effective story. I am sorry you had to attend hospital, however I am delighted to read that you feel the service provided was second to none.

Here at NHS 24 we work hard to ensure that patients receive the most appropriate care quickly. Your story is a great example of services all working together for the benefit of the patient.

Thanks again and I do wish you well.

With kind regards

Shona

Shona Lawrence

NHS 24 Patient Affairs Manager

Response from Fiona Robertson, Chief Nurse, Medicine and Unscheduled Care Division, NHS Grampian

Dear Cat love,

Many thanks for sharing your story and highlighting the service that you received both from NHS 24 and A&E.

I am delighted to hear that you were able to be assessed and treated in a very short time by a Nurse practitoner.

I will share your post with the Accident and Emergency team who will be delighted by your comments.

Many thanks