Yesterday I visited my father in Waddon Ward. My first visit to the hospital in 8 years. I was well aware of Maydays appalling reputation and past failings so was was naturally concerned. As I exited from the lift I passed what was clearly a dead body being transported into the lift. My opinion of the standard of care you can expect to receive went downhill from there.
- various alarms going off in my father's section appeared to be being ignored - nurses just were not around. I was subsequently told by two members of staff that they cant hear the alarms from the front desk because of a design fault.
- used urinals not being cleared and left on tables.
- patients requests for assistance in being returned to bed, obtaining a blanket, and receiving assitance being ignored.
- my ninety year old father who has a swallowing problem was left to take his own medication with no assitance
- I have asked for an investigation to take place on why my father feels that he has been roughly treated at night and why. Another relative has asked why the hourly observation records for my father were not filled in and then filled in retrospectively when she enquired.
"Apart from staff nurse not one single..."
About: Croydon University Hospital Croydon University Hospital Croydon CR7 7YE
Posted via nhs.uk