"Job Retention and my employment specialist"

About: South West London And St George's Mental Health NHS Trust / Adult mental health

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I found working with my Employment Specialist - Mashfiqul (Mash) to be very helpful and supportive.

I was finding it difficult to disclose my disability at work and my employer were raising issues about my performance and Mash got involved and helped me to disclose my disability sensitively and professionally that made me feel more confident. In relation to my performance issues, Mash (Employment Specialist) help me to keep my job when my job was a risk on performance grounds by informing my employer of the grounds for reasonable adjustment and educating the employer about my disability.

My Employment Specialist single handedly arranged for a HR official to come to the hospital site to meet me and my Employment Specialist and now I have all my adjustments in place.

My adjustments have really helped me.

I have worked with 2 Employment Specialist and I would say Mash has been the best Employment Specialist in terms of helping me get my adjustments and helping to improve my working conditions and relationship with colleagues.

My Employment Specialist is sending this feedback for me but happy to be contacted if required.

Response from Claire Reid, Senior Patient Experience Co-Ordinator, Patient Experience Team, South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear AB,

My name is Claire Reid and I am the Engagement and Experience Co-ordinator for the Trust.

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience with our services and it is particularly great to read the comments about Mash.

I am glad you have been able to improve your working conditions and getting you your adjustments and improve your working relationships with colleagues.

I wish you well in your continued recovery

Best Wishes