This is Care Opinion [siteRegion]. Did you want Care Opinion [usersRegionBasedOnIP]?

"two nurses on the ward who were ..."

What I liked

two nurses on the ward who were the only people to show any knowledge of how to treat a patient 1 male 1 female sorry dont know there names

What could be improved

at my last visit was told to be there at 7.30 in the morning to be admitted and waited 6 hours outside before being let in to the ward also at my last visit to the hospital dec08-- no one seems to know anything eg... after being released from the ward i was told if i had any problems with the procedure i should go to a+e and ask for someone from e.n.t to help with my problem. the day after being released my cast began to come off so i went to a+e, i asked for someone from e.n.t after waiting over an hour someone came down, i saw someone and said are you from e.n.t to my amazement he said no im from hungary he explained he was a student and started tapeing my face up (badly) he said ( I should have done this myself as he cant keep runnig up and down the stairs) I had tape everywhere. NOT happy i then went to the oral department waited another hour and got it done right because luckly there was a lady there who knew what she was doing. ( many thanks to you ) this is now my 4th opp and none have ever gone without continous problems.

Anything else?

i had an opperation after being hit by a motorbike where i had to have facial reconstruction .After this operation my face disintergrated inside and became inflamed to the extent of looking like i had a golf ball under my eye i went to a+e and was given antibiotics and told to go home ,the next day it was so bad i couldnt even see out of my eye, i went back to a+e and caused such a stink along with family members that they had to call my sergeon down who took one look and admited me immediatly where i then had another opperation. ( lucky i refused to leave until seeing someone init). this seems to be ok at present (my face) but another part was septal rhinoplastery (nose job) they removed my rib and used it to re-shape my nose, after being released i went for my 1 week check the person who checked me decided it was time to pull a rod out of my nose which he couldnt get right out so he pulled it out half way an then stuck what looked like blue tac on top the following week i went back for an appointment and was told the guy had tryed to remove it the previous week had done it to early causing my nose to totaly bend i then had to let it settle for somthing like 8-10 months before being able to go for the opp again i have now gone for my 4th opp 2nd on nose and i am writing this... fingrs crossed but my faith isnt to high. ps this is only the start of my notes i have not mentioned half the things that have happened to me at whipps cross but the more i write the more upset i get. logo
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››
Next Response j
Previous Response k