"Day surgery unit"

About: Harrogate District Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I had an operation for a Dupuytren's contracture yesterday.

I was dealt with very quickly and efficiently by all the staff/consultants from admission to when I left.

I was kept fully informed all the way through and checked many times to ensure that I was the right person having the correct operation and the hand marked appropriately to ensure that the correct hand/finger was operated upon.

I was given and explained a discharge letter being advised where to contact in the event of a problem after I left.

I have had absolutely no pain and apart from a slight sore throat I am perfectly OK - thanks to all.

Also many thanks to the pre-operation assessment team who were extremely efficient and friendly - even got a cup of tea as I arrived early as I hate being late.

I hope that the staff know how much a difference they make by their friendly approach that must be genuine as it couldn't be put on.

Well done to all.

Response from Communications and Marketing Manager, Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust

Hello - many thanks for your positive comments, I'll make sure to pass them on to the teams involved in your care.

I am pleased to see you're recovering well.