This is Care Opinion [siteRegion]. Did you want Care Opinion [usersRegionBasedOnIP]?

"Urology problems at Blackburn Royal"

About: NHS Blackburn With Darwen Royal Blackburn Hospital / Urology

(as the patient),

After a month of being on different antibiotics for a water / kidney infection I find that I am still in severe pain. I’ve had swabs done and urine samples blood tests, my GP had referred me to a urologist but on Tuesday 16th October 2007 I rang NHS direct who got me an appointment with the out of hours service at the Royal Blackburn hospital because I was in serve pain, I was crying it was that bad, I thought I should have been sent to the medical assessment unit at the hospital but oh no the doctor on duty said and I quote " I will give you 2 codeine tablets and send you home " I told him that I had already taken tablets for the pain and they just made me feel drowsy but didnt help with the pain, I ended up walking out of his office, he didnt even examine me. What is the NHS coming too. I now have to go back to my GP tomorrow. I feel like nobody is taking me seriously at all, and to top it all off I am still in agony. I am sorry that this is such a negative story but I bet there are hundreds more out there who have suffered just like me.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from NHS Blackburn with Darwen 15 years ago
Submitted on 01/02/2008 at 13:21

Thank you for your comments.

Firstly, we apologise for the delay in responding, this posting was only recently brought to our attention through our local Primary Care Trust being a new subscriber to the site.

We are sorry that you felt your needs were not met when you attended the Primary Care Centre on the 16th October 2007 and we will bring your comments to the attention of the doctor who carried out your consultation that evening. Due to confidentiality issues we are unable to comment fully on your consultation however would like to assure you that your comments have been taken on board.

If you wish to make a formal complaint about your treatment you can write to us at:

The Primary Care Centre

Royal Blackburn Hospital

Haslingden Road



  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful
Next Response j
Previous Response k