This is Care Opinion [siteRegion]. Did you want Care Opinion [usersRegionBasedOnIP]?

"Is 'moan' the right word?"

(as the patient),

Glancing through the comments section I noticed the use of the term 'moan' to invite responses from patients who are unhappy with a service etc.

I think that this term trivialises people's comments, particularly when an experience has been embarrassing or distressing (e.g. the comments about mixed sex wards, or being left on a trolley).

Complaints should be taken seriously. It can be hard to complain about treatment and people should be supported to do that if they need to. So why not call them something else?...

'Not happy with..' perhaps? Or 'Room for improvement'...

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Care Opinion 16 years ago
Submitted on 27/02/2007 at 16:43

You aren't the first person to make this point - and it is a fair one. We should change the term we use here in exactly the way you suggest. And ideally we'd like a single short word. Please send us your suggestions.
  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful
Next Response j
Previous Response k