"Epilepsy medication, accidental overdose."

About: Harmoni / NHS 111

(as the patient),

I accidentally took a double-dose of my epilepsy medication one morning. I Dialled 111 and was quickly put through to a paramedic who took some details and arranged for a doctor to call me within "three quarters of an hour". Ten minutes later, the phone rang and the doctor was on the line.

He assured me I would be fine, but would feel dizzy and probably pretty awful for the day. I sat it out on the couch, feeling dizzy and awful, and the symptoms subsided as the day progressed.

Simple, efficient, assuring service.

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Amanda Mayo, NHS 111 Service Director, Harmoni

I am glad that your symptoms have resolved despite the fact that they must have made you feel awful at the time.

I am glad that you found the service efficient and simple to use.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Updates, changes and questions related to this story