"I would not recommend this hospital to anyone"
About: Lings Bar Hospital Lings Bar Hospital Nottingham NG2 6PR
Posted by Anonymous
My father in law has recently left here after 8 weeks. To say this hospital, it's organisation, staffing and patient care is not adequates would be an understatement.
1. Never any staff on the ward. Strangely always to be found in the office together
2. Discussing confidential information about patient conditions at the desk in the ward rather than taking the relative into a room. We were given disturbing news in ear shot f everyone.
3. Visits to Queens medical centre badly supervised, not telling us he was on his way, sending him in dirty clothes without even a coat. To add insult to injury leaving him in a wheelchair outside physically shivering.
4. Apparent Lack of care. I got sick of my father in law telling me that nobody spoke to him, cared for him and in his words merely fed him and gave him tablets.
5. Consistency of care. Despite being told he had a specific nurse, I rarely saw them. He was cared for by who ever happened to be around.
6. Lack of dignity. He needed help to get to the loo. If I received £5 for every time I had to physically fetch someone after our requests were ignored, I would be quite a rich man.
The list goes on and on and I won't bore you further.
Lets just finish with being let home and a care package is still not in place and you will get my point.
This is not the forum to address my concerns and I will be contacting the chairman of the trust to discuss this further.