"Cancer prescriptions"

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital

My husband has to attend the cancer building once a month for a review which we have no problem with everything there is great the staff are amazing the only issue we have is that we have to pick his prescription up from the main building.We are both in our seventies and we can just about manage to walk the distance,there must be a better way of getting his medication we can’t get it from anywhere else other than the Lloyds chemist.The oncologist has already agreed to what medication he will be on for the next month so why can’t it be waiting for us at the cancer unit. I know everyone is in the same boat because we have spoken with other patients who agree it’s an issue.We can’t drive there as the parking is horrendous anyway we have enough trouble parking at the cancer unit . I don’t know who designed the cancer unit to be this far from the main building but certainly did not take into consideration the walk we have to make.

Response from Royal Stoke University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I will share your suggestion regarding the prescriptions with the Matron for Oncology for her consideration.

With best wishes

Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.