"I would like to see help with our independence"

About: Rampton Hospital / Mental Health Service

On Burne ward keeping us safe by looking after us making sure we are well and medicated and making sure there is no conflict with others or Staff. I would like to see help with our independence. To be effective on the ward we do help each other we do have ups and downs on the ward, we do have a recovery Group on Fridays which is good. On the caring side helping others is good and visits by families helps feeling cared for. I would like to see some help with a way to help with complaints. Sometimes we have difficult problems that are hard to solve.

Response from Peter Wright, Executive Director, Forensic Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for this encouraging posting. Burne is a great ward to be on. It does a lot of valuable work. It's great that you go to the Recovery Group on Fridays.

On getting help with complaints, I am sure that staff could help you access Advocacy if something is troubling you.

Best wishes.

Peter

Response from Adele Fox, Head of Clinical Operations, Rampton Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience on Burne ward, I’m very pleased to hear that you feel cared for and supported.

I’m interested in how we can support patients with the complaints and make this more effective for you. This has come up with another posting so I am going to ask your ward manager to discuss this is your community meetings and feed back to me your ideas.

adele Fox