"I feel safe here on Alford Ward"

About: Rampton Hospital / Mental Health Service

I feel safe here at Rampton on Alford Ward as weapons cannot be brought in. I do think I would feel safer with a better Environment

The Staff are Effective and treat Patients well and as adults, I have a good named Nurse But I would like to see more off ward sessions.

I feel cared for with my Psychology groups with teaching ‘’kindness being’’ Like I said I have a good named Nurse but I would like more sessions. The Staff could be more responsive with Key workers and Named nurse sessions.

We have a good Community on Alford Ward and we all get on with each other, you could improve group activities and also observe band rehearsing

Response from Adele Fox, Head of Clinical Operations, Rampton Hospital, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking part in this piece of work for us to understand your experience on the ward and how we can improve the care and Sevice you receive as well as improving your experience in the hospital.

I'm very peased you feel Alford team suport and care for you,especially your named nurse and psychology sessions.

If you feel you need to meet with your named nurse more please speak with them and ask for further planned sessiosn or speak to your ward manager to see how you can seek more support.

Thnka you

Adele Fox

Response from Peter Wright, Executive Director, Forensic Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for this posting. I'm so glad that you feel safe on Alford. That's fundamental to progressing on your recovery journey. As Adele says, if more named nurse sessions would be helpful then please speak to them to see if they could be arranged.

With best wishes.