"Excellent experience of hydrotherapy"

About: University Hospital Wishaw / Physiotherapy

I was referred for hydrotherapy and enjoyed it so much. The physio was excellent (I’m sure her name was Olivia, it was a few months ago now and my memory is terrible! ) really helpful and encouraging. I looked forward to this treatment every week. It helped my condition and it has inspired me to learn to swim and continue with my exercises which is really important for my condition. This is the only hydrotherapy pool in NHS Lanarkshire which I think it’s a bit of a disgrace, and the last time I was at hydrotherapy there was talk of closing the pool down! I really hope that doesn’t happen. My experience at hydrotherapy was excellent and set me up to continue with it afterwards.

Response from Ruth Currie, Musculoskeletal Manager Physiotherapy Services, Udston Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear ELT123,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hydrotherapy service. I am delighted to read how beneficial you found your hydrotherapy sessions and how it has inspired you to learn to swim and continue to engage in exercise, which, as you say, is really helpful in managing many conditions.

I will pass your kind words onto Olivia who will be delighted to hear how her input has provided value to you and enabled you to better manage your symptoms.

May I wish you well in your journey to improved health and well being,

Kind regards