"Excellent service - Rapid Response"

About: NHS Dumfries and Galloway Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

Today I had a fall, called the ambulance services, who then referred me to a team called RAPID RESPONSE who came out to see me the same day.

RAPID RESPONSE was a great help - supported me with my mobility, issuing elbow crutches which improved my walking and made me more steady at walking in the house, keeping me steady & safe at home. Issued me a grabber to support me as I have a bad back and struggle to bend - I can now reach lower half (feet). RAPID RESPONSE also looked at my shower  & now I am getting grab rails to support my balance in the shower.

I am very pleased with the service I have had today.

Excellent service.

Response from Kenny McFadzean, Head of Service, Dumfries & Galloway, Scottish Ambulance Service

Hi Woodpeckertn67,

thank you for your posting, it is nice to receive feedback from patients who have benefited from the falls pathway of which SAS are an integral part.

I am glad to hear that the support you received following the home visit was beneficial in making you safer at home.

Kind Regards

Kenny McFadzean,

Response from Emma Murphy, Patient Feedback Manager, NHS Dumfries and Galloway

Thank you very much for your feedback woodpeckertn67, it is most gratefully received.

The Rapid Response Team work closely with our Scottish Ambulance Service colleagues and aim to avoid hospital admissions where possible and keep people safe and well at home. I am very pleased that we have been able to assist you.

If we can help you with anything else or if you have any queries regarding Health and Social Care then please do not hesitate to contact the Single Point of Contact (SPoC) on 030 33 33 3001.

Thank you again for taking the time to feedback.

Kind Regards

Ruth Millican

(Rapid Response Clinical Team Leader)