"Fantastic nurses"

About: University Hospital Wishaw / General Medicine University Hospital Wishaw / Stroke Unit

my relative suffered a stroke when in ward 10, the nurses were fantastic and helped straight away, within 20 mins my relative was taken away for a scan then moved to ward 11 Stuart the stroke nurse was fantastic couldn't help enough, sadly the stroke was to severe and they were moved into a side ward when one became available,

charge nurse cooper was there when they passed away 11 days later and was very supportive to us all. We can't thank all the nurses enough for there support during this time

Response from Maureen Dobbin, Service Manager Older People's Services, University Hospital Wishaw, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear lanark1969,

Firstly I would like to express my sincere condolences on the passing of your relative.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your lovely comments. I am delighted to hear that your experience within wards 10 and 11 was such a positive one at a very sad time.

I will share your lovely comments with the staff in both wards and especially with the staff that you have named.

Best Wishes