"Why I am like I am and why I cope like I do"

About: Community forensic services / Nottinghamshire MBT Service

I've just finished introduction to mentalizing group at the Mandala Centre. I found the group helpful because I was able to talk about things, helping me begin to see why I'm like I am and why I cope like I do. The one to ones were good too, helped me with the above.

I did find it difficult at times as I had a long way to travel.

Response from Louisa Hagan, Personality Disorder Network, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback, I'm pleased you found the group helpful. It seems like it has helped you to begin to better understand some of the difficulties you experience. I hope this group stands you in good stead for perhaps moving into therapy.

I appreciate the travel to our base/satellite venues can sometimes be difficult for people but thank you for persevering.

Best wises, Louisa

Response from Peter Wright, Executive Director, Forensic Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks for this. Group work can be a eally helpful way of getting other people's perspectives - an important factor in mentalization. I'm so pleased you found it hepful. Well done - this can be challenging stuff.Best wishes.

Peter