"Birth of my first child"

About: Borders General Hospital / Maternity care (Ward 17)

I have birth to my son at the Borders General Hospital. The labour was long and difficult and unfortunately I ended up in theatre. All the staff I encountered before, during and after labour were all absolutely outstanding and myself, husband and baby could not have received better care in any way. The midwives in the labour suite and ward 17 have compassion, dedication, patience and professionalism I have never encountered before.

Both the doctor and anaesthetist who treated me in theatre made what was a challenging and very frightening experience as easy and stress free as possible. Both took the time to visit me on the ward afterwards which was lovely.

You are all unsung heroes and for that there are no words great enough to thank you all.

Response from Claire Grieve, Senior Charge Midwife, Ward 17, NHS Borders

Thank you so much mjb13 for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback.

You have used the words ‘compassion’, ‘dedication’ & ‘professionalism’, this is absolutely everything we strive to provide our families - we aim to provide person centred care and I’m absolutely delighted you seem to have received this from our team.

This can be a very stressful time for new parents as well as such a joyful time, and it’s lovely to hear you felt that our team reduced some of that stress for you.

I will share you’re feedback with all of the staff - this is so important to them!

I hope you are settling into life as a new family and enjoying every moment with your new baby!

Claire