"The staff were fantastic"

About: Musgrove Park Hospital / Day Surgery

I was booked into day surgery to have a laparoscopy and the staff were fantastic. They could tell I was nervous and greeted me with a smile and really eased my anxiety.

Everything was explained to me every step of the way.

After I had come around from my operation, I was offered a cup of tea and some toast. I'm gluten intolerant and was so happy that they had gluten free bread available. It was also the best gluten free toast I had! (now I want to know which brand they have!)

There was one HCA who really stood out for me. I think her name is Shelly. She was fantastic and really made my wait on the ward less nerve-wrecking. She's an asset to the NHS.

Musgrove is always my hospital of choice. I've had my eye ops here, had my 2 children here and my experiences have always been very positive.

Response from Philip Shelley, Facilities Manager, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Annimousey,

Great to hear that you had a positive experience at Musgrove Park Hospital whilst in Day Surgery.

It is vital that all patients receive the food choice that they require so I am delighted that the Day Surgery Team were able to offer Gluten Free bread in a safe manner.

Kind Regards