"Our experience in Medical Physics was exceptional"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / X-ray and Scans

At 19 weeks pregnant I was very nervous about needing a VQ scan for a suspected pulmonary embolism, however our experience in medical physics was exceptional- from walking into reception to having the scan. The lady on reception was very welcoming and friendly. We were immediately made to feel at ease after 2 long days in hospital having other tests done.

I particularly would like to give huge thanks to Christine- the medical physics practitioner who looked after me during the test.

Christine was very professional but also exceptionally kind and reassuring from the offset. She made sure my husband and I fully understood the test and the risks, letting us ask any questions we had. It was clear they were busy but Christine took her time with everything, always making sure I was okay. The injection didn’t even hurt! We are so very great full for the kindness and professionalism shown, I believe if it wasn’t for Christine I’d have really struggled with the internal panic and anxiety I was feeling about the test. Christine is an absolute credit to her profession and to the NHS.

Overall we are very pleased with the experience at medical physics- it is a department to be proud of.

Response from Laura White, Consultant Physicist, Nuclear Medicine, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Rhi

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind words. I have passed on your gratitude to the staff, in particular Christine and Sharen (who was on reception at the time).

All my staff try hard to put all our patients at ease. We know that being in hospital can be a very worrying and stressful time especially when you are pregnant. We also try to make sure that relatives with the patient are put at ease as it is a stressful time for them too.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and I wish you and your husband all the best for the future.

Best wishes