"Caring staff"

About: University Hospital Wishaw / Care of the Elderly University Hospital Wishaw / Emergency department

(as a friend),

I would just like to praise the staff of ward 9, ECU, and the Emergency Department of Wishaw General Hospital for the excellent care of my friend who came into hospital very ill and died after a short time. Her family were very impressed by the caring attitude of all the staff they came in contact with, especially the night shift in ward 9 on Monday 13th May

Response from Janice Miles, Senior Nurse, Older People Services & Outpatient Services, University Hospital Wishaw, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Minionsfan

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely comment at what must be a difficult time for you on the loss of your friend, can we pass on our condolences to the family.

Your praise was lovely and I will ensure that it is shared with each team from each area, in particular the nightshift staff who were on duty on the 13th May in Ward 9.

It is so beneficial for staff to know when they get it right and have made a difference to a family and it reassures us that the high standard of care we expect staff to be delivering is being met.

Regards