"discusted that thery didnt perform a simple test..."

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

What could be improved

appropriate tests done to help diagnose problem

Anything else?

my grandchildren were admitted over the week end with what was described as server flue like symptoms, after gathering information from my son it was apparent that there was cause to suggest that it might be carbon monoxide poisoning. i rang the hospital and voiced my concern.

the children were not tested for this and sent home.

After having there appliances at home checked high levels of carbon monoxide was detected and transco said they were lucky to be alive.

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Dear Concerned Grandparent,

Thank you for providing feedback on your grandchildren's recent admission to University Hospital North Durham.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with their care on this occasion, under such stressful circumstances.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is complaints@cddft.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -

Patient Experience Team

Darlington Memorial Hospital

Hollyhurst Road


County Durham


If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, postive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust

Tel: 0800 7835774

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful