"Katrina Loveridge"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I have been on wekely ward for approximately 13 days. The nurses & auxiliaries have been outstanding in their care ! They have worked tirelessly & often heavily understaffed. The cleaners have been real personalities & kept us in good spirits as well as keeping everything spotless. My only issues have been with the system ! One day my notes went to pharmacy & were gone 9 hours ... I was without medication the entire time & was screaming in agony ! The nurses did everything they could even running round the wards looking for the notes ! My other issue has been the lack of communication between departments ... adult SS told me one thing that never happened & im still waiting 5’days later for them to set of a care package so I can return home.... very frustrating. However my overall view & experience has been positive & I commend the nurses wholeheartedly. The meals / food on the ward have also been excellent !

Response from Patient Experience Manager, Medway NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Katrina,

Thank you for your comments which we will share with the team on Wakeley ward.

Kindest regards,