"Suspected heart attack"

About: Chesterfield Royal Hospital / Accident and emergency Chesterfield Royal Hospital / Cardiology DHU Healthcare CIC / NHS 111 East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance

(as a relative),

After ringing 111 for advice for my husband for chest pains and pains down his left arm.  I just want to praise the staff who answered and dealt with us.

The ambulance came in 10 mins. and the paramedics were wonderful. Very caring and attentive and completely put my husband at ease. Unfortunately they were very busy in A&E which is understandable with it being the weekend. We were kept informed about how long the waiting period was by the on call doctor which was good. Even though we had a long and tiring wait we were still treated considerately.

We eventually got to the short stay ward and the nurses there were lovely.  At midnight we were informed that the duty doctor would probably not be able to see us until the morning.  I was offered a bed to sleep in next to my husband and the night nurse gave me a sandwich and refreshments.

We just want to show our appreciation of the whole team which dealt with us.

Response from East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for your kind words about our ambulance crew. I am very proud of my crews who work hard to help patients across Derbyshire, and I’m pleased that they were caring and attentive to both you and your husband. I hope your husband is feeling better and is on the road to recovery.

Samantha Westwell

Ambulance Operations Manager for Derbyshire

Response from Judith Brown, Patient Experience Manager, Governance, DHU Health Care CIC

Good afternoon,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent experience with the NHS 111 Service provided in your area by DHU Health Care CIC.

I am very happy to hear you have had a good experience with the service and hope your husband is now recovering well and I wish him the very best for the future.

I will share your comments/feedback with the team.

Kind regards,

Judith Brown

Patient Experience Manager (DHU Health Care CIC)