"Excellent"

About: Grantham & District Hospital

I attended the hospital on Friday 3 Feb for a MRI scan, the service was excellent, On arrival at the hospital my wife collapsed on getting out of the car and i took her , using a wheel chair , into A & E , the treatment was superb and immediate, Being honest I did fear that i had lost her but the staff on all levels were very reassuring and I left her in their capable hands whilst I went for the MRI scan , on return to A & E the receptionist took me thru to see one of the nurses on duty and then to see my wife , who thankfully was by then recovering well. After a relatively short while she was discharged and we went on our way.

With hew complains on the news this morning about service in one hospital I would like to make our views known and also pass on our grateful thanks for a superb job done by all involved.

What could be improved

Nothing , all service was of the highest standard

Anything else?

Please pass on our grateful thanks to all involved.

You are right that good news and positive feedback is maybe not as forthcoming as negative experiences but all feedback is important to us. With stories such as yours we can share the good practice and build upon it.

I will, as you have requested, pass on your thanks to all the staff. Thank you again.

Jennie Negus. Deputy Director of Patient Services.

Response from Grantham & District Hospital

I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience; I can imagine your worry and concern and it was excellent to hear how well everyone cared for your wife, and for you. You are right that good news and positive feedback is maybe not as forthcoming as negative experiences

I have, as you have requested, passed on your thanks to all the staff. Thank you again.