"Top class service in ward 15"

About: Borders General Hospital / Paediatrics (Ward 15) NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service)

(as a parent/guardian),

Our son spent 5 nights in the paediatric ward recently. Right from interaction with NHS 24, the out of hours GP service to the ward he was incredibly well looked after. Although our stay was longer than expected the staff were incredibly kind and patient with him, kept him entertained and made sure we as parents were comfortable. We never had the impression they were stressed or rushed off their feet. Importantly for getting better quickly my fussy son are all of his meals which he said were delicious! The staff brought him craft activities and toys to keep him busy. Within a few hours Of arriving home he asked if he could go back!

Response from Shona Finch, Clinical Nurse Manager, Women & Children, NHS Borders

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent hospital stay in ward 15. We appreciate that being in hospital can be a stressful time for both children and their family members and we aim to support families as much as we can. It is lovely to hear that your son would not be worried about coming back to hospital and how he enjoyed his meals..

I shall share your feedback with the ward staff who will be delighted to hear you feedback.

best wishes

Shona

• MummyY thinks this response is helpful

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Hi MummyY

I was sorry to learn your son required to spend time in hospital and I do hope all is well. I am sure for you, as his parents, this would been a worrying time. It is kind of you to take the time to provide feedback on your experience.

I see you have made reference to an initial call to NHS 24. Should you care to expand on your contact with our service, then I would be delighted to hear further from you. I can be contacted on 0141 337 4597 or by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

In any event, I will share your feedback more widely within NHS 24 so that staff are reminded of the important role NHS 24 plays in the care provided to patients.

It is nice to read your comments about the staff who cared for your son whilst in hospital. They sound like a credit to the NHS. I am sure my colleagues within Borders General Hospital (BGH) will be delighted with your feedback.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch. I do wish you all well.

Shona