"Caring and dedicated staff made this as good an..."
About: Salisbury District Hospital Salisbury District Hospital Salisbury SP2 8BJ
Posted via nhs.uk
What I liked
I had major surgery (DIEP flap breast reconstruction) in August 2010 and have since had minor follow-up surgery which I'd been advised would be needed. I'm also under the care of oral surgery. This hospital is excellent! here's what I like:
1. An excellent plastic surgeon who takes time to explain things and is understanding and compassionate
2. Fantastic nursing staff who were really caring - what you hope for but something which, sadly doesn't always happen! They were also knwledgable which, given the extensive surgery I had, was incredibly reassuring
3. Whenever I phone up, whoever I speak to is friendly and helpful
4. Nurses in out-patients are friendly, helpful and efficient
5. Waiting times in plastics out-patients are never very long
6. Even the food's ok!
The surgery I had was apparently the biggest operation the hospital does and I was pretty anxious! Everyone was brilliant and my care was excellent. It makes such a difference that everyone is so pleasant and helpful.
What could be improved
Waiting times in oral surgery tend to be very long but I come prepared with books, magazines or work to do!
I'd recommend this hospital to anyone and, for any woman considering having this surgery, I'd like them to feel reassured that they'll be in very good hands